The main features of Fiio Q5
- There are two AK4490EN DAC chips, which are widely known for its smooth, pleaseant and detail sound, because it has a high signal to noise ratio and low distortion.
- Adopt XMOS XUF208 from Xmos USB audio platform, compatible with USB2.0, ensuring stable connection for most of the audio sources. Supports PCM and Xmos up to 384 kHz/32 bit, as well as native DSD up to 256.
- Bluetooth 4.2, support Aptx
- 3.5mm headphone jack+2.5mm balance output
- 3 certification , MFI, Hi-res audio and Aptx bluetooth.
- Interchaneable amp modules, AM3A wich OPA926 chip.
- Independent bluetooth control button, control the device more convenient.
- Dual micro usb design, one for charging, one for data connection
- 3800mA battery, up to 20 hours if you are using it as independent headphone amp
The good thing is that it has a PU leather at the backside, which can avoid the device to be scratched.
Inputs, Outputs, and Switches
Does it need to install the driver before use ? Well, for apple OS systerm, no need to install the driver. But for Windows, you need to install the driver to get more function.
Additionally, there are two switches on the FiiO Q5. One is a low gain/high gain switch which tells the amplifier how much power to supply. Another is a bass boost which sounds quite natural, although it is a bit over-the-top.
When switched on, the low end (probably somewhere between 60 Hz and 100 Hz based on my ear), sounded bombastic which didn’t work for many genres but worked well for others.
Another good thing is that it supports the WM-Ports used in Sony Walkmans.
Professional Audio Line Structure
Power Supplies -One of the most remarkable features
There is an independent bluetooth control button on FiiO Q5, when you connect the bluetooth with your player, you even can play, pause or change the songs on Q5, not on the player. Sounds great?
Interchangeable Amplifier Modules (One of the most interesting features)
|Output Power||> 150mW(PO/32 Ω）, >400mW( BAL /32 Ω）|
|THD+N||<0.002% (USB DAC) <0.001% (AUX IN)|
|SNR||> 115dB ( USB DAC), >115dB ( AUX In)|
|Headphone Impedance||16-150 Ω （ AM3A, PO）,16-300 Ω （ AM3A, BAL）|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 4.2, supports aptX, AAC, SBC|
|Sampling Rate||384kHz/32bit（USB IN）|
|DSD Support（USB IN）||DSD64/128/256|
|DAC Chip||AK4490EN * 2|
|USB Chip||XMOS XU208|
|Connection||Micro USB, line out 3.5 mm, coaxial, optical, and Bluetooth|
|Output||3.5mm headphone jack, 2.5mm balanced|
|Bass Boost||Up to 384kHz/32bit supported|
|Volume Control||Potentiometer(ADC Sampling)|
|Power Supply||DC5V 2A (Recommended)|
|Battery Capacity||3800 mAh|
|Charge Time||≤3.5 h|
|Battery Life||＞25 h (AUX IN)|
＞10 h (USB IN)
＞10 h (OPT IN)
＞10 h (COAX IN)
＞10 h (Bluetooth IN)
|Dimensions||124mm x 64mm x 16mm|